During the months of January and February our family got hit by several viruses. I think one of them was the flu. Elise missed some school and one of the days she missed was the 100th day of school. I'm not really sure what all they do, but I do know that they celebrate that it is the 100th day and since they are learning to count to 100, the entire day is themed around counting out a100 things.
I purchased some discounted Valentine's candy and we did our own thing with counting to 100. We laid out the candies in groups of 2's and rows of 10's. So Elise could understand counting by 2's and then counting by 10's. I also introduced her to even and odds. The poster board was a very busy site when we were done writing all our numbers and circling even and odd numbers. I only snapped a picture of the begining of the project. We had fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment