Feb 9, 2011

February Ice

Shew! I can't believe it, usually we have our token snow (ice) day down here in the south. Through the 12 years that I have been in Texas I notice that special cherished snow (ice) day is usually around Valentine's day weekend. We had the privileged of one ice/snow storm that took out the entire city for almost a week. The fun of the much appreciated free-day was not fun, not at all! The temps stayed well-below freezing all week, which made it uncomfortable to let the kids out. The kiddos were out of school not one, not two, but four days in a row. I'm not sure this has never happened in Dallas before.
I'm not one to sit still... neither are my kids. Daddy made it a mission to get to work everyday so we were without him. I think I was getting delusional by Friday!!! Notice, Grae playing with my sharp scissors! I'm most certain God's creative sanctification was at work in our household this week.
Elise did have some creative ventures. We made her a fleece tie blanket and she designed a Valentine's shirt. Yes, She did this design all by herself and was very specific about it too. She a creative little booger!
As I blog this we are on another ice day with the possibility of tomorrow off too! I'm craving the 70 degree days that are coming this weekend!







No comments: