Feb 15, 2011

Daddy Daughter Dance!

Daddy Daughter Dance 2011 at McNair Elementary School. I think this is a bigger event for the parents. I guess I can't really say that for everyones' kid but our daughter is showing signs of not being comfortable in her skin. What I mean, is that she isn't excited about dress-up! Give her an animal and she is ecstatic, but having to go into public in a dress or skirt..we get frowns and wrinkled-up nose. She has a fierce independent spirit but it is shadowed in formal settings. She had told me that she was embarrassed to go to the dance. "What?!?" Did this girl come out of me... I love formal, well, formal in the ways of hair, make-up or just fine-tuning details.
We are learning what makes Elise, Elise, and she isn't impressed with dressed up. In a way, I want to say, "That'a girl, be who you are going to be!" Our Elise is so unique and so beautiful! I love her independence and the need to not conform. I just hope we can mold that and shape it into adulthood with a gospel perspective! Lord, hear my prayer!


No comments: