Every year we try to make some kind of bake goods for close friends and neighbors. This year we made Christmas trees which was actually stars shapes cookies in 10 different sizes. Then you stack the cookies and it looks like a tree. They were so cute. I wish that we had taken a picture of the finished product but we didn't. After we stacked them we decorated them with M&M's and gum drops.
We ended up making 9 trees. I was wanting a true family bonding experience but Elise lost interest after the first couple of trees. Too many to do for her little attention span. Jeff and I finished them up.
We had saved one for us to enjoy but Elise was insistent on taking one to the police station for the "policemen who work so hard". I wasn't so inclined to take one there but she worked on us till we caved and took our tree to the "policemen who work so hard". I have to say I wanted to plaster our name and address all over the cookie tree and make a huge production carrying it in. All for selfish reasons, just in case any of those "NICE policemen who work so hard" happen to pull me over I can remind them who we are and what a nice people we are to take them cookies on Christmas Eve. I resisted the temptation and did it with a pure heart, no name attached, no production. Thank you Elise for the lessons you teach me.
1 comment:
we loved our star cookies! ya'll are so creative and sugar cookie talented!
Post a Comment