
You may ask us why in the heck would we remove such a beautiful, shade producing tree from our front yard? After the fact WE ARE SAD it's gone. Our poor front yard looks naked and frankly... ugly!!!
All I have to say is COTTON WOOD, enough said, yeh! I think our neighbors were doing a silent celebration dance. It was funny to watch them pass by the house with mouths wide open and eyes buggin out. You see our cottonwood was the tallest tree by far on the block. In my opinion, the nicest looking tree on the street, mainly due to Elise's sweet little tire swing hanging in it. (snif snif)
I won't miss the cotton-snow like coverings in the Spring time. I also won't miss the neighbors comments after major T-storms that they are surprised that the tree was still standing. I won't miss worrying that the tree might fall during a T-storm and hurt my little babies. I'm sure Jeff will be overjoyed that he can cut grass without dodging the massive root system. But the #1 reason we removed the tree was the potential foundation threat it posed. Bye Bye our sweet tree, now we will have another project to do... landscaping the front yard. Oh btw, Jeff and the next door neighbors made a day of watching the men take the tree down. Jeff was simply amazed at the process, hince the pictures. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment