Sep 5, 2009

Alittle fishing anyone?









We had talked-up going to the mountains with Elise before going to Denver. So we decided to have just a family day and head up to a lake and do some fishing. The weather was so nice and it was such a treat to get out of the blazing Texas heat and enjoy the freshness of the mountain air. We had originally thought we'd leave Graeson behindwith the grandparents and just take Elise but in the end we took him and just had a blast. He wanted to be in on all the fun too.... Boy did he get in on the fun.... into the lake he went and mommy too to save him. Lucky this happened as our day was coming to an end. BTW, he was ok just wet and a busted lip. It made for a great memory for us all. :)

Elise, true to form, casted her pink princess rod out and within a minute or two had herself a fish. It was like magic, the exact same thing happened last summer when we went fishing. I think the pink rod has some specialness to it. A little while into fishing Elise decides she has to use the restroom. Jeff take both kids and leaves me to the pink rod. Before they could come back I caught three fish. YES I SAID THREE! I told you that pink rod has something special that attracts fish to it. Now picture this... I get a fish, Yippee... I get the fish up on the bank and I'm sitting there looking at it, thinking "now what?" Luckily the nice guy down from me came to my rescue and took it off the hook, all three times. Thanks mister!

No comments: